Merseyside Special Schools Alliance (MSSA) is a collaboration of four special schools located in Sefton and Liverpool. In this sense we are unique and form one of the biggest SEN alliances in the country. Working collegiately with our Strategic Partners we have combined with the aim of sustaining and promoting an exceptional quality of education for the young people and communities they serve.
MSSA plays a leading role in the training and professional development of teachers, support staff and Headteachers, as well as contributing to the raising of standards through school-to-school support and research and development.
Collaboration is at the heart of our Alliance model and all our Strategic Partners have committed to our Memorandum of Understanding
• Play a role in recruiting and training new entrants to the profession (initial teacher training).
• Lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development (continuing professional development).
• Identify and develop leadership potential (succession planning and talent management).
• Provide support for other schools.
• Designate and broker NLEs, LLEs and SLEs.
• Engage in research and development activity.
We firmly believe that we are ‘stronger together’ and that partnership and collaboration between practicing teachers in different schools is the best and most effective way to continually develop and improve the educational experiences of young people, parents and the communities in which we work.
We aim to deliver the highest possible service and our work is monitored evaluated and Quality Assured regularly and in accordance with the principles of best value, our work is based upon: -
Evaluation Intervention Monitoring Advice Support